Friday, November 26, 2010

Mmmm NomNom Noodles

My kids say they know better than to ask me what's for dinner because I always say, "Identifood." For the uninitiated, that means, you'll figure it out when you see it. Maybe. The good news is... they pretty much always love it, and they've been after me to write down how I make stuff, so that someday they can make identifood just like mom. So, for my kids and for you, here's one I made up that I decided to call "Mmmm NomNom Noodles" because that's what the kids said when they ate them :)

Mmmm NomNom Noodles

4 small to medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 small to medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1- 12 oz. pkg spinach fettuccine noodles (I used Amish Naturals Garlic & Parsley Fettuccine here)
1/2 of a 1 lb bag of frozen mixed veggies (you know, the ones with peas, carrots, corn, etc...)
6 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 to 2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
a few shakes of black pepper
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar

Preheat oven to 375
Boil potatoes and sweet potatoes in salted water in a large pot for 10 minutes, then add the noodles and cook for another 10. Add the frozen veggies, let sit for a minute or two to warm, then drain and let stand while going on to the next step.
Melt butter in the pot and add salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir until melted and the seasonings are all mixed in, then mix in the noodle/potato/veg mixture until well coated. Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish, top with shredded cheese, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted.
Enjoy! Mmmm NomNom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment