Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life is a, um, dress of cherries!

My oldest daughter loves clothes inspired by Japanese lolita fashion, so when I saw this delightful black fabric with cherries on it at a quilt shop, I thought it would make a delightful panel skirt (click here for a tutorial on how to make your own)! She loved it so much, she requested that I make a corset top to go with it. I've had the pattern (Simplicity 2355) for a while, and thought what the heck... back to the quilt shop for another yard of fabric and a boatload of boning. The corset was actually much easier to make than I had anticipated, which made me happy! She paired her skirt and corset with a black shirt we'd gotten off the rack at wally world for $3 last year (she has the same one in black, green, and red), a pair of black shoes, and a parasol she purchased at an anime convention. The result... one HUGE smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment