Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pray for Japan

The kids and I have been watching in horror as the events unfold around the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. We cried with Thailand and the other nations affected by that tsunami, we cried with Haiti when they experienced that devastating earthquake, and we cry with Japan as they go through this one. The world is connected, and when one place is hurt, we should all feel it.

I was very moved by a tweet page a friend of mine, who is currently teaching Japan but not near the more affected areas, sent to me called Pray for Japan. Here is one post that stood out to me:

"Last night when I was tired out waiting for the train at the station, the homeless people gave me one of their cardboards to prevent the cold... even though we usually ignore them in daily life... So warm."


Please keep Japan in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment