Sunday, February 27, 2011

Out like a lion, in like a lamb, isn't that what they say? If this weather keeps up, March will definitely be in like a lion. My oldest daughter and I caught the hail on video tonight, when it was coming down like gangbusters. I'm just glad it wasn't really big enough to dent my car, so we could just marvel at the wonder of it all. I love the sound of hail on the rooftop!
When my kids and I think of hail, we think of 2006, when we were at their soccer practice, at the furthest possible place from our car, sitting on metal bleachers (which of course, you can't get under due to the possibility of lightning) and golf ball sized hail started raining out of nowhere! I don't think I have ever seen a field full of parents and kids run that fast, ever!!! I was carrying my middle daughter (then, 4) because she still couldn't walk, and I would never have believed I could have covered that much ground so quickly, while cradling a 35 pound child and trying to make sure she didn't get pelted with mega-hail!! What I marvel at, in retrospect, is that the hailstones were fairly far apart and not very many actually hit me. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment